EJ Group, Inc. (“EJ”) (“us”, “we” or “our”) is committed to following the standards set by national and international law in addition to EJ's policies and ethics.
We will use your personal data (or “personal information” under the meaning of the Australian Privacy Act of 1988 (Cth) as amended from time to time) only for the purposes and in the manner set forth below.
In broad terms, Personal Data is any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. Information is not Personal Data where the information cannot be linked to an identifiable individual.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED ABOUT VISITORS TO THE WEBSITE
When you visit or use the Website in any way, we may collect and process different types of information about you. If a Website user creates a Website profile, for example, to use the “Contact us” page or to request literature, the user becomes a “registered user”. The following Personal Data may be collected from Website users seeking to become registered users:
- Contact details (including first name, last name, company, address (including street name, city, state/province/county, country and post code), email address, and phone number) as mandatory fields;
- Issue details and comments as mandatory fields on the “Contact Us” form only;
- Title, job function, type of business, area of interest, interests and comments as optional fields on the “Literature Request” page; and
- Preferred language and preferred unit of measure as optional fields on the “Register” and “Create a User Profile” pages.
- IP Address and activity on the www.ejco.com website, for example, drawing downloads, videos watched, pages viewed and time on website.
If you want to use a pseudonym or remain anonymous when dealing with us, you should notify us by email message to email@example.com (in Europe, the Middle East and Africa) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for all other global regions) and we will try to accommodate your request, subject to our ability to provide this service.
HOW PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
We collect Personal Data via the www.ejco.com Website in three primary ways:
- Navigation habits are collected via cookies and other similar technologies during navigation of our web site;
- Personal Data is collected via the Website registration, Contact Us, or Literature Request forms; and
- User Surveys.
WHY WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE OR DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA
We generally collect and use Personal Data from Website users for the following purposes:
- To evaluate and grant rights to access information posted on the Website (registered users have access to certain Website features not available to unregistered users);
- To communicate with registered users concerning their use of the Website and any other queries expressed;
- To supply requested services;
- To monitor for misuse of EJ's proprietary information;
- To gather feedback from registered users about EJ services;
- To send email communications containing direct marketing materials when you have indicated your consent to receive such emails. You can withdraw your consent to receive any such marketing emails at any time by opting-out through the registered user Website profile page, by selecting to unsubscribe in any email marketing campaign or by sending an email message to email@example.com (in Europe, the Middle East and Africa) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for all other global regions) to request to be unsubscribed from future email marketing campaigns; and
- To provide support and notification of new services and to notify registered users about important changes or developments to the Website or EJ services.
We may also use the Personal Data provided by you in user surveys regarding the experience you had, to help us better understand and respond to our customers' needs and interests and to take into account our customers’ feedback.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring Website usage in order to help us develop and improve the Website.
We take reasonable steps to use and disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which we collect it, however, the Personal Data we collect may also be used or disclosed by us for other secondary purposes that are within your reasonable expectations and that are related to our primary purposes of collection.
The basis for our processing of your Personal Data may vary depending on the different purposes set out above. For example, where you have registered to receive email communications containing direct marketing materials from us the basis of our processing will be subject to your consent, which we will ask for and can be withdrawn at any time. Where you have placed an order from our website the basis of our processing your personal information will be to process your order. For all other purposes noted above, we will only process your Personal Data for our business’ legitimate interests, such as to improve our website and/or our services and products made available to you.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We consider your Personal Data to be private and confidential. All Personal Data collected on this Website is stored on secure servers in the United States of America (“USA”) owned by EJ USA, Inc.
TRANSFERS TO SERVICE PROVIDERS AND THIRD PARTIES
We may sometimes disclose your Personal Data to agents or service providers appointed by us and/or to regulatory bodies, who work for us in connection with the provision of our services. We will have written contracts with them which provide assurances regarding the protections that they will give to your personal data and their compliance with our data security standards and international transfer restrictions. The following is a non-exhaustive list of these agents and service providers:
- EJ corporate affiliates, or joint venture partners to assure that EJ is more responsive to the needs of its customers on a need to know basis only;
- Third party service providers acting on EJ’s behalf and under its instructions, These third parties are providing their support to EJ as data processors:
- Salesforce as a SaaS CRM service provider
- Infor as an ERP managed service provider
- AWS as a hosted service provider
We may access and/or disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in good faith and belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform with the law or comply with legal process served on us; (b) protect and defend our rights or property including, without limitation the security and integrity of our network and systems; or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our services or members of the public.
We may also provide non-personal data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our Website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our Website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our Website, or the activities that visitors to our Website engage in while on our Website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include our Website design, development and hosting contractors.
HOW WE HOLD AND SECURE PERSONAL DATA
We may hold Personal Data physically at our premises and electronically on secure servers.
All Personal Data we collect is kept confidential and protected from unauthorized use by non-authorized third parties, dissemination, alteration, damage or publication, in strict accordance with international privacy laws and our internal policies.
We secure the Personal Data we hold in numerous ways, including by using passwords and firewalls, storing Personal Data on secure servers and implementing physical security systems to ensure that only our authorized personnel are permitted to access your Personal Data.
As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. Once we receive your Personal Data, we will use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorized access. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
FOR HOW LONG WE WILL USE YOUR DATA
We keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary to do so to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected as described above, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
For registered users, you can either change your Personal Data from the Personal Information page found on the My Account page or send an email to email@example.com (in Europe, the Middle East and Africa) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for all other global regions) to request that the account be canceled and the personal data be removed from the system.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other Websites and web platforms. In addition, third party Websites may also provide links to our Website. If you follow a link to any of those Websites or web platforms, please note that those Websites and web platforms have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those Websites.
We do not accept, and we disclaim, any responsibility for the privacy policies and information protection practices of any third party Website (whether or not such Website is linked on or to our Website). These links are provided to you for convenience purposes only, and you access them at your own risk. It is your responsibility to check the third party Website's privacy policies before you submit any personal data to their Websites.
The security and confidentiality of your personal data is extremely important to us. As no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us and you transfer the personal data at your own risk. We endeavor to use and keep under review appropriate technical and organizational measures (including staff training and awareness) in order to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data, including unauthorized destruction, alteration or disclosure or access. We shall only hold personal data for as long as is necessary or as required by law.
If you are unhappy about any aspect of the way we collect, share or use your personal data, please let us know using the “Contact Details” above.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority in your jurisdiction.
Revision: May 25, 2018